Following the success of the MENA ICT Forum 10-10-10, int@j in collaboration with Jordanian gaming companies established The Jordan Gaming Development Task Force which is an open and independent coalition of Jordan’s premier gaming companies. Operating under the umbrella of Int@j, the Task Force’s objective is to advance Jordan’s game development capacity and help propel the Jordanian gaming on a local, regional, and international scale.
Over the past decade, Jordan has developed a niche capacity in online content, gaming solutions, and online applications building on its strong ICT industry and environment. The Gaming industry development has followed a number of market supporting factors including but not limited to global trend towards gaming development, Jordan’s niche in the region as a provider of quality ICT applications and resources, maturity of the Jordanian ICT sector and its companies, and telecom market liberalization efforts over the past years.
It is the belief of various stakeholders that Jordan stands a serious chance to become the Interactive Games (“IG”) Development capital of the Middle East, in which original content meant for the local and global markets is generated in Jordan. This collaboration between the Government of Jordan, Int@j and private sector companies aims towards:
- Position Jordan as the regional games hub for the development and distribution of online and mobile games harnessing on emerging technology.
- Promote awareness of the game sector inside and outside of Jordan to attract continued economic growth and development.
- Build quality development and business capability and capacity within Jordan.
- Promote game development as a career and support game development education.
- Build strong working relationships with policymakers and government to ensure industry needs are met through appropriate Government support.
Capabilities of Jordanian gaming industry:
- Development and publishing of original games for multiple platforms, including high end and commercial creative capabilities, animators, scriptwriters, producers, storytellers working in state of the art studios.
- Development of social games, accessible at anytime and anywhere, multi-lingual, with ease of use in a technologically advanced ecosystem.
- Localization of games, based on unique understanding of pan-regional gamers’ attributes and preferences.
- Management of soft infrastructure that enables gaming industry, including payment gateway, customer support, community development, localization.
- Studio capability, including the development and publishing of original games for multiple platforms.